Broward Quilt Expo Sponsorship
Every two years, six quilt guilds in Broward County, Florida, join together present Broward Quilt Expo (BQE). Our next show will take place from Thursday through Saturday, March 9 to March 11, 2017, at the War Memorial Auditorium in sunny Fort Lauderdale.
Quilters enter their quilts to compete for cash prizes in several categories such as: Pieced, Mixed Techniques, Miniatures, Appliqué, Innovative Design, Modern, Challenge and more. BQE hires an accredited judge who determines which quilts receive First, Second and Third places in each category, and awards Honorable Mentions at their discretion. They also choose Best of Show and Special Merit categories for awards. Monies awarded as listed:
- Each quilt category - $300 total award (First $150, Second $100, Third $50)
- Challenge - $225
- Best of Show - $300
- Youth - $100
- Special Merit in Hand Quilting - $100
- Special Merit in Machine Quilting - $100
- Special Merit for Innovative Use of Color - $100
- Viewer’s Choice - Gift Basket
Please consider sponsoring a category. Your sponsorship entitles you to:
- Your name on signage near the quilt display area along with space for a stack of your business cards.
- Your name on the “Sponsors” page in the BQE Show Book and at the top of the list of quilts in your sponsored category.
- Your website will be linked to our website for additional exposure with your paid sponsorship.
Reserve and pay online here, or download the sponsorship reservation form and submit via mail.
2017 Confirmed Sponsors
- Modern Design - South Florida Modern Quilt Guild (SFMQG)
- Innovative Design - Quilting in the Pines Guild
- Group - East Sunrise Quilters Guild
- Best of Show - Coral Springs Quilters
- Machine Quilting - Linda’s Quilting - Linda Wilson
- Large Pieced Single Maker - West Broward Quilters' Guild
- Miniature - M & H Automotive
- Youth - Roberta Carraway
- Hand Quilting - Main Street Quilting - Barbara Hahl
- Two-Person Small - Longarm Quilting by Helia Ricci
- Viewer’s Choice Gift Basket - Once Upon A Quilt
- Innovative Use of Color - Coral Springs Quilters Honey Bee
- Small Pieced Single Maker - Southern Stars Quilt Guild
- Challenge - Roberta Carraway, Paula Dayringer, Monica Jones and Linda Wilson
- Appliqué Duo
- Mixed Techniques
- Appliqué Single Maker - Coral Springs Quilters Tuesday Bee
- Two-Person Large - StitchCraft